www.capturedmiracles.org links

Help Spread the Word

I would like to invite anyone that would like to help spread the word.
If you have a blog or site, please download the images off my "gallery" and post them on yours with the web/blog address. I know that is will be huge help in spreading the word.

Many of you have asked when and where, you will be able to buy these photos? go to the link below or Click on the image of Christ to the bottom right of this message.
www.capturedmiracles.org is the official website

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Arizona Safe Baby Haven- photo titled "I AM"

Today I talked with the co-founder of Arizona Safe Baby Haven. I am so excited to have them as one of our 3 foundations we will be focusing on for the holiday season and 2009. I'm not sure if to many people know much about them. They are an organization that educates women of all ages on their choices they have if they do not want to keep their baby. The main focus is to help them know that if they do not want their child they can hand the baby over to a "Safe Haven" fire station, police department, hospital. They have 72 hours to come back for the baby if they change their mind. If they decide not to return they will not be charged for anything as long as no harm was done to the baby. The Law was put into effect in Arizona 2 1/2 yrs ago. And was designed to stop babies from being left in dumpsters and garbages. My heart breaks just thinking about a baby left to die that way...to be forgotten. I want to help save these babies from such a terrible death.
Visit
http://www.arizonasafebabyhaven.org
to get more information

They are in need of volunteers who would like to help spread the word of their cause. You can get in touch with Maria Van Den Heuvel the co-founder, by calling the 800 number provided on their site.

This picture was created with them in mind. I still have to add more garbage in the photo so that you can tell that the baby is being pulled out of the garbage. This little one is a brand new new born in this shot. (thank you to the parents for trusting us with this delicate shot) This shot was taken just as the sunlight hit on Christ's hands and the baby opened her eyes, the one and only time during the whole shoot. She is looking straight into Christs eyes. When I clicked the shot I knew that it was the one.

The poem and the photo are titled "I AM" and the poem on the photo was donated to be included in our efforts to raise funds for children by Cris Rankin, after watching a documentary about the babies left to die in the alleys of South Africa(cause they were unwanted...rape or aids babies) She sent it to me, because she knew that there were children here in the states that are "unwanted" as well and she wanted her poem to some how help them. Thank you Cris, you are an amazing women.

I AM


I AM NOT THE EXPERIENCE NOR ACTIONS OF MY PARENTS

IT MATTERS NOT HOW I BECAME

BUT THAT I AM

I AM COURAGE

I AM COMPASSION

I AM HOPE

I AM STRONG........I AM HERE

YOU CANNOT DEFINE ME AS I CHOOSE WHO I BECOME

I AM THE FUTURE

COPYRIGHT CRISTINA RANKIN 2008

1 comment:

The Three Peas said...

This gives me chills...thank you so much for working with me on this charity...how could a fellow mom NOT want to step in? This is a perfect picture!!